|Name of School/College:||Uplands Community College|
|Type of Institution:||Secondary|
- A combination of A Level, Applied A Level and BTEC Level 3 programmes.
- GCSEs and BTEC Level 2
Compulsory qualifications required for completion of the NBfE is applicable:
- Best 8 GCSE including English and Mathematics
- Minimum 3 A Levels/ Level 3 BTEC
- Extended Project Qualification and/or Higher Project Qualification
Additional/Optional qualifications typically offered as part of the extended NBfE framework:
Additional A Levels, AS Core Maths
Qualification, Awarding Body and Levels offered:
- AQA EPQ Level 3
- EDEXCEL Higher Project Level 2
Method of delivery:
- As part of the Uplands Ambassador Programme in KS5.
- A mentor programme in KS4
Typical Volume in hours over the course of the programme:
120-150 over years 12 and 13, 80 hours over KS4
120-150 hours divided under the headings Cultural activity, physical, communication, service to others, developing and work experience. Following the Shenley Brook End School model.
Hours can be completed in school and/or outside of school subject to verification; the emphasis upon volunteering within the community allows for students to find their own placements and spend more than two hours a week engaged in volunteering activities.
Components delivered through other recognised programmes and qualifications:
DofE at present but want to extend to the NCS
The mechanism for logging and tracking activities:
An A PDP style record book, verified by tutors.